Senior Account Manager
Forging long lasting partnerships with our clients
Isle of Man
Our Account Managers are the driving force in our dynamic, fast-moving industry: the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in helping deliver world-class software that improves lives.
We’re seeking a Senior Account Manager with a passion for forging and maintaining strong and lasting relationships with valued clients. This person will help clients conceive, visualise, and ultimately realise their current and future technology needs. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing client onboarding and engagement, proactively managing the client and gaining deep understanding of their challenges to identify new opportunities. Working with a high degree of independence, you will be comfortable taking ownership of key accounts for some of our large and/or complex clients. You will be enthusiastic about driving best practice within the account management function, with a keen eye on opportunities for continuous improvement.
If you’re excited by the thought of leading in a rapidly changing environment, have strong organisational skills and thrive on helping solve business challenges for high profile clients, then you could be just the person we’re looking for.
Where you fit in
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of our clients’ businesses, and key factors in their retention and growth.
- Take ownership for managing key or complex PDMS client accounts, creating, maintaining and building strong relationships
- Regularly assess and report on client satisfaction, engagement, intelligence and initiating actions to address these.
- Be responsible for identifying a strategy for client retention and growth, through investing time to gain in-depth knowledge and insight of client business and their key drivers.
- Generate and support new business opportunities through adopting a consultative sales approach.
- Work closely with the wider PDMS team to shape and deliver compelling proposals and presentations.
- Support less senior and newer Account Managers through mentorship and onboarding, instilling knowledge sharing and learning throughout the team.
- Work closely with Project Managers to turn troubled clients around, including identifying key actions, allocating ownerships and ensuring timely follow-up and feedback to the client.
- Proactively drive for continual improvement to account management processes and procedures, proactively suggest new ways of working, adopt improvements and champion these changes within the team.
- Make quality a priority though adhering to strong quality management principles and applying this successfully to advancing those principles.
- Be a role model for integrity by ensuring client projects and account management is run effectively and with proper governance.
- Champion the promotion of integrity across the business, demonstrating the PDMS values both internally and externally.
What we’d like you to bring
- Minimum 3 years successful track record in managing client accounts, preferably within an IT environment
- Consultative selling track record, preferably within an IT environment
- Excellent relationship building, communication and listening skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Understanding of commercial software development
- The ability to work independently and under pressure
- Commercially astute with a deep understanding of budgeting processes, demonstrating sound financial judgement and business acumen
- Experience of leadership, a passion for mentoring others and knowledge sharing
- Experience working with Public Sector would be advantageous
- Competitive salaries
- Pension & Private Healthcare
- Buy and sell Holiday scheme
- Laptop and subsidised home internet
- Financial support for training and personal development
- Employer supported volunteering for causes of your choice
- Relaxed, flexible, and safe working environment with options for both home working and office locations