Help lead our team of software innovators
Isle of Man / Glasgow
Our architects thrive on designing solutions that improve lives for businesses and more importantly, for people.
We specialise in increasing efficiency for a portfolio of high profile national and international clients in a range of sectors. Working as part of a friendly and motivated team you’ll help build and transform digital services using primarily Microsoft technologies.
Your previous experience as a solution architect will be highly valued: you’ll be collaborating with our analysts, designers, and project managers, as well as providing expert technical guidance and advice to developers and clients. You’ll be part of a cross-functional production unit with an established culture of knowledge sharing.
If you share our passion for brilliant, user-centred solutions, then you could be just the person we’re looking for.
Where you fit in
- Leading the architecture, system design and development of software solutions.
- Ensure development adheres to the architectural approach, coding standards and best practice.
- Driving the enhancement and modernisation of existing client systems
- Establish long-term professional relationships with clients and colleagues
- Providing mentoring and technical guidance to the wider development team in proposing solutions to technical problems
- Hold responsibility for system specifications, commercial planning and estimating
What we’d like you to bring
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience as a software developer working on large scale web developments, with at least 3 years in a position involving team leadership or senior level development
- Strong technical expertise along with commercial acumen
- Experience of solutions design and architecture principles
- Experience working on project teams and large-scale solutions
- Strong communication skills and experience working with both internal and external stakeholders with the ability to communicate ideas and proposed designs clearly and efficiently
- Strong approach to consistency, efficiency, and knowledge sharing
- A can-do, will-do attitude with a pragmatic approach to providing the desired outcome
- Problem solving capacity
- A thirst for personal development and a pro-active approach to understanding emerging technologies and their application
- Competitive salary
- Buy extra holidays
- Laptop and subsidised home internet
- Financial support for training & personal development
- Employer supported volunteering for causes of your choice
- Relaxed, flexible, and safe working environment with options for both home working and office locations
Depending on your location we'll either invite successful applicants for a face-to-face or video interview.
If you would like more information about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org